Tuesday 22 May 2012

Billingham Hadley Pro Camera Bag

I was looking for a new bag for my trip to Italy. A compact, durable bag to carry DSLR with couple lenses, tickets, passports, iPad, etc. The bag that I can easy take on the airplane, train or subway. The bag that can withstand museum crowds, bad weather, protect the gear and is not standing in my way when I am taking pictures. I know, a lot of other bags can do this trick, but Billingham Hadley Pro caught my eye.
Official image
Traditional design, quality materials and exceptional craftsmanship.




You can buy it for less than $300, still somewhat pricey for the camera bag, but I took a plunge and never regretted.
Design is very simple: two front pockets, one at the back and padded insert.

So what was in my bag today? Canon 5D with 50 mm, EF 24-105, EF 70-200, Lumix DMC-LX5 with small tripod, battery charges, passports, e-tickets, glasses, iPad and other small stuff.


The bag worked well on the trip and it was very easy to carry my gear around. It did protect it during heavy rain in Florence, in Rome's crowds and still looks great!


Price tag: $300 at a local Toronto camera shop.

Bottom Line: One word - exquisite. Quality materials, well made and easy to carry around one DSLR with couple lenses and iPad.  It works and not just for Leica folks.

Cheers,

vkphoto



5 comments:

  1. It is a nice looking bag for sure, but I'm concerned that the one shoulder strap solution may not be comfortable for a full frame dslr with a fast zoom

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all depends on how fast (= weight) the lens is and how much walking you have to do. But it worked well with my gear and better than most of other shoulder bags I've tried so far. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, is that Canvas or fibrenyte ?

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Offcial photo looks wash out.

      It's different from yours, I'm deciding between Canvas or fibrenyte.
      I can't decided it yet.

      Thanks for sharing.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.